How does the future feel? Discovering the city of tomorrow
Panel discussion and presentation of the adelphi study "Sense the City”
How does a city sound and shine, how does it smell and how does it feel?
Alfred Herrhausen Society and adelphi jointly invite you to a discussion event 18 November 2020 6 p.m. to present the study "Sense the City" by Franziska Schreiber and Alexander Carius. Together with renowned guests, the authors of the study will discuss urban futures and the question of how a socio-ecological transformation of cities can be successful.
The adelphi study uses the senses in the search for the future of cities. The city visions were developed in workshops in 20 cities with people from different backgrounds and experts from different disciplines. Their ideas and visions were reviewed, evaluated, put together, rethought and illustrated by the authors, and concrete utopias were sketched out that break new ground in urban design and urban life. The stories about the city of the future are meant to inspire, provoke, raise questions and invite people to participate, to imitate and scale.
Based on the study, we would like to discuss the following questions:
- How do we develop courageous visions of the future with and for city dwellers?
- How do we organize a discourse about the future in which everyone can participate?
- How do we make cities healthier, more natural, more lively and more communal?
- How do we build, finance and organise cities in a sustainable and climate-neutral way?
We are looking forward to discuss with:
- Prof. Dr. Dirk Messner President, German Environment Agency (Umweltbundesamt)
- Dr. Jasmin Jossin Research associate, project leader „Urbane Xtopien“, German Institute for Urbanism
- Prof. Dr. Harald Heinrichs Professor for sustainability and politics, Leuphana University Lüneburg
- Franziska Schreiber Research associate, Institute for Urban Development, University Stuttgart and Senior Associate adelphi
- Alexander Carius Founder and manager, adelphi
Moderated by Elisabeth Mansfeld Programme lead Cities, Alfred Herrhausen Gesellschaft
The event will take place on zoom. If you wish to participate, please register here.
For any questions regarding the even please contact Alexandra Hunger.